- Assist with the operations of the Brad Brafford LGBT Center on 4th (CO4), from general maintenance and installations in the Gallery, CO4 groups, to assisting with special events and rental use.
- For those experienced and/or licensed in areas of construction and handyman services to repair and maintain the Center.
Front Desk Reception:
- Provide clients with resources, answer incoming calls, and greet walk-in clients and visitors to our CyberCenter & LGBTQ Library.
HIV Test Counselor:
- Requires Front Desk training and a 32-hour course provided by the City of Santa Ana in the spring and fall. Must pass an interview with our Director of Prevention and the certification requirements.
- Exciting volunteering opportunities are offered through our Immigration Resources Department including application assistance events, community organizing events and press conferences.
Internship (Mental Health Counseling):
- (Note: Must be enrolled in or have already completed a master’s in counseling.) Be an MFT Trainee or Intern at the LGBT Center OC.
- Internships are offered on a case-by-case basis, based on the potential intern’s needs and staff/Center capacity.
Outreach and Civic Engagement:
- Representing the LGBT Center OC on college campuses, health fairs, community events, etc…For those that like engaging with the public, out going, and able to travel throughout Orange County.
Peer Group Facilitation:
- Help structure and facilitate the weekly and monthly discussion groups, and attend quarterly group facilitator meetings. Experience with group facilitation or peer counseling is helpful, but not required.
Special Events (Staffing):
- Assist with staffing fundraisers and other special events.
- Help provide a transgender-inclusive and supportive environment by facilitating and/or planning transgender-specific group discussions, special events and community outreach.